Welcome to Star Overseas. We are happy to help you.

USA Student Visa

About USA

The USA has the world’s largest international student population, with more than 1,000,000 students choosing to broaden their education and life experience in the United States. Nearly 5% of all students enrolled in higher-level education in the USA are international students, and the numbers are growing.

  • Capital: Washington, D.C.
  • Currency: US Dollar
  • Language: English
  • Major Intake: January, September, October
  • Major Cities: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago

Why USA?

  • Flexibility
  • Cutting Edge Technology
  • Variety of Education Opportunities
  • Scholarship & Assistantships
  • Research & Internships
  • Post Study Visa

Types of Degree Offered

  1. Associate Degree
  2. Bachelor’s Degree
  3. Master’s Degree
  4. Doctorate

In the USA, student’s with Bachelor’s degree may apply directly into doctoral program without Master degree in some majors.

Requirements for Masters

  • US universities accepts 16 years of education (12 + 4)
  • Academic Percentage 58% and above with minimum backlogs
  • Scores of standardized tests are GRE: 300+, GMAT: 500+, TOFEL: 79, IELTS: 6.5 Overall
  • 15 (12+3) are also acceptable for some of the universities
  • Admission without GRE/GMAT score possible
  • Student with less IELTS/TOFEL can get admission through pathway or ESL language program

Types of Employment available to F-1 students while studying or after studies:

  1. On Campus Employment

  • Can work on campus 20 hrs./week during study time
  • Can work full time means 40 hrs./week during holidays
  • Positions Include:
  • Teaching Assistantship
  • Research Assistantship
  • Fellowship
  • Hourly Employment – Food Service, Library, Event Coordinator, Laboratory Assistant etc.
  1. Off Campus Employment through

Curriculum Practical Training (CPT)

  • Provide opportunity to gain actual employment experience
  • An integral part of an established curriculum
  • Define as alternate work/study. Internship, cooperative education, or any other type of required internship or practicum which is offers by sponsoring employers through cooperative agreements with the school.
  • To be eligible for CPT, student must have completed 9 months in lawful status and currently be in F-1 status.
  • CPT can be full time (>20 hrs./week) or part time (20 hrs. or less per week)

Optional Practical Training (OPT)

  • Available to students who are lawfully enrolled on a full – time basis & have completed at least 1 full academic year.
  • Eligible student may request OPT in order to employed in a position related to the major area of study.
  • 128/36 months of OPT available after each degree level completion
  • From 2008, OPT program allows F-1 students to work in US in occupations related to their field of study.
  • F-1 visa holders are eligible for 36 – month extension if they hold a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics

Summarization of OPT:

Students who have pursued technical studies in US get an opportunity to spend additional 36 months in US after their study. During these 36 months they can work full time on student visa and if the employer sponsor’s H1B they can convert their student visa into work visa. This period of 36 months is reduced to 12 months in case of students who have done management studies in US. This benefit is available under the scheme called Optional Practical Training (OPT).

For more information CLICK HERE.

We are available at Mon-Sat call us + 91-8160163323 during regular business hours