Welcome to Star Overseas. We are happy to help you.

CND Student Visa

About Canada

The 500,000 international students who come to Canada every year for college and university studies are just the tip of the iceberg. Thousands more travel here to go to elementary or high school, to take part in exchange programs or attend language school. Canada is a great place to grow and thrive as a student.

  • Capital: Ottawa
  • Currency: Canadian Dollar (CAD)
  • Language: English and French
  • Major Intake: January, May and September
  • Major Cities: Toronto, Calgary, Quebec, Vancouver, Edmonton

Why Canada?

  • Quality Education
  • Affordable
  • Work While you Study
  • Safety
  • Immigration Options

What is a study permit?

The study permit is a document we issue that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. Make sure you have all the documents you need before you apply. You should apply before you travel to Canada.

Eligibility requirements

You can study in Canada if you:

  • are enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)
  • prove you have enough money to pay for your:
    • tuition fees
    • living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
    • return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
  • obey the law, have no criminal record and get a police certificate (if required)
  • are in good health and get a medical exam (if required)
  • prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires

Your responsibilities

While studying in Canada you must:

  • make progress towards completing your program
  • respect any conditions listed on your study permit
  • stop studying if you no longer meet the requirements and
  • leave Canada when your permit expires

Depending on your case, there may be conditions on your study permit such as:

  • if you’re allowed to work in Canada
  • if you’re allowed to travel within Canada
  • the date you must stop studying

Work While Studying in Canada

There are many ways to work in Canada while you complete your education:

  • On-campus work
  • Off-campus work
  • Co-op placements
  • Internships

On-Campus Work:

“On campus” refers to all the buildings on your university or college campus.

  • If your school has more than one campus, you may only be allowed to work at the campus where you attend classes. Check with the school’s administration.
  • If you are working as a teaching or research assistant and your work relates to a research grant, you may be able to work at a library, hospital or research center that is part of the college or universityeven if they are not on the campus.

Learn more about working On-Campus

Off-Campus Work:

“Off campus” means the parts of your town or city that are not part of the university or college campus. When you are working off campus, you may be working:

  • As a co-op student
  • As an intern
  • Part-time with a private business or government department
  • Full-time with a private business or government department

Use this self-assessment tool to determine whether you can work off campus.

Generally, international students can work up to 20 hours per week:

  • During regular school sessions or while you are studying as part of an intensive program with no planned breaks.
  • If your studies are part-time because you are finishing the last session of your program.
  • If you are a graduate student who has finished the required courses for your degree.

You can work full-time:

  • During official school breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break
  • After you finish your studies if you have applied for a non-student work permit

Find out more about working off campus.

Co-op Placements

A Co-op placement or program involves working as part of your program of study. You may work on or off campus.

For example, you may be enrolled in a co-op degree program in environmental studies. This differs from the standard degree in environmental studies because it allows you to spend 3 or 4 months (or more) each year working in your field of study. It’s a great way to get hands-on professional experience in a Canadian work setting.

When you are part of a co-op program at a college or university, you can apply for a co-op work permit if:

  • You have a valid study permit.
  • Working is integrated into your study program in Canada.
  • You have a letter from your schoolthat confirms all students in your program need to complete work placements to get their degree.
  • Your co-op or internship is 50% or less of the total program of study.

You are not eligible for a co-op work permit if you are studying:

  • English or French as a second language (ESL/FSL)
  • General interest courses
  • Courses to prepare you for another study program

In the cases listed directly above, you need to get a valid work permit to work in Canada.


An internship provides you with on-the-job training. When you are an intern, someone in the workplace supervises you. By working as an intern, you gain knowledge and skills to help you succeed in a trade or profession.

The Canadian work permit you need for an internship is the same as the work permit for co-op students.

All the information taken from Canadian Government Website.

For more information, Please CLICK HERE.

We are available at Mon-Sat call us + 91-8160163323 during regular business hours