Welcome to Star Overseas. We are happy to help you.

UK Student Visa

About United Kingdom

The UK is one of the world’s most popular destinations to study higher education, with more than 500,000 international students enrolling each year. One of the world’s leading destinations for international students, second only to the USA. UK universities are among the best in the world, and consistently perform well in world rankings. They also have a reputation for world-class research. UK higher education degrees and qualifications are recognized by employers and academics worldwide. Students get the opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge, critical thinking, and connections to drive forward their careers. High quality postgraduate study opportunities are also available at the majority of UK universities, with some universities offering sponsorship to extend Tier 4 visas.

  • Capital: London
  • Currency: Pound (GBP)
  • Language: English
  • Major Intake: January, February, September, October
  • Major Cities: London, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester

Why United Kingdom?

  • High Quality Education
  • Wide Range of Study Options
  • More Economical
  • Admission Possible without IELTS
  • High Opportunities of Paid Internship
  • Apply with Dependent
  • Upto 2 Years Open Study Work Visa

General Student Visa (Tier 4)

You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:

  • Have been offered a place on a course
  • Can speak, read, write and understand English
  • Have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – the amount will vay depending on your circumstances
  • Meet the other eligibility requirements

What you can and cannot do

You can:

  • study
  • work as a student union sabbatical officer
  • apply from inside or outside the UK
  • apply to extend your stay
  • work in most jobs – depending on what level your course is and what kind of sponsor you have

You cannot:

  • get public funds
  • work in certain jobs, for example professional sportsperson or sports coach
  • study at an academy or a local authority-funded school (also known as a maintained school)

You may be able to bring in family members (dependents).

Family Member

Your family members (dependents) might be able to apply to join or remain with you in the UK if they’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.

A dependent is either:

  • your husband, wife or civil partner
  • your unmarried or same-sex partner
  • your child under 18 years old – including if they were born in the UK during your stay

You can apply to bring a dependent to the UK if you’re:

  • sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at level 7 on the Ofqual register or above that lasts 9 months or more
  • a new government-sponsored student on a course that lasts longer than 6 months
  • a Doctorate Extension Scheme student 


You must show that your dependents can be supported while they’re in the UK.

Each dependent must have a certain amount of money available to them – this is in addition to the money you must have to support yourself.

The amount of money you need depends on:

  • the length of your course
  • where you’re studying in the UK
  • whether you’ve finished a UK course or are currently studying

You must have proof you have the money, and that it’s been in your bank account or your dependent’s bank account for at least 28 days before you or they apply.

The money does not need to be available 28 days in advance if it’s from a student loan or official sponsor, but you do need to provide confirmation of when it’ll be available.

All the information taken from UK Government Website.

For more information, Please CLICK HERE.

We are available at Mon-Sat call us + 91-8160163323 during regular business hours