Singapore is a sunny, tropical island in South-east Asia, off the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula. The city-state is 710 square kilometers and inhabited by five million people from four major communities; Chinese (majority), Malay, Indian and Eurasian. Since its independence in 9 August 1965, the country has adopted a parliamentary democracy system.
One of the reasons that Singapore proves to be such an attraction as a home is the ease of living, particularly in terms of residence, transportation and governance system. Over the years, Singapore has made significant strides in many areas and has attracted an encouraging number of international accolades which recognize the city as vibrant and world-class.
Almost every MNC has its Asia‐Pacific Head Office in Singapore making it easier for students to find jobs. i.e., Home to more than 7000 MNC’s. Growing steadily at more than 5% rate for many decades with strong links to US, EU, China, India & Japan. The 25th best highly developed nation with state‐of‐art transport system. Singapore is a nation built by immigrants and it still welcomes all who are keen to play a part in its economic development.
- Capital: Singapore
- Currency: Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- Language: English and Mandarin Chinese
- Major Intake: Every 3 to 4 Months
- Major Cities: Ama Keng, Alexandra, Bright Hill Crescent, Ah Soo Garden
- Safe Country
- Low Crime Rate
- Cheaper Education
- Business Hub in Asia
- No IELTS required
- Paid Internship Options
- Gap Acceptable
- If you are 19 years old and belowat the time of application and you wish to attend a full-time course at an approved Private Education Organization (PEO), your applications will be processed by the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) directly.
- If you are above19 years old at the time of application and you wish to attend a language, commercial, vocational or fine arts non-graduate/postgraduate degree course (including the University of London (UOL) tuition programs), an interview may be required by the Embassy.
Types of Institutes
Universities: Singapore has its 4 Universities offering UG and PG degree programs.
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University
- Singapore Management University
- Singapore University of Technology and Design
Polytechnics: Singapore has 5 polytechnics which offer broad based training for students inclined towards practice oriented studies at the diploma level.
Private Education Organization: There are more than 300 private Educational Institutions in Singapore. Most of them have accreditation with renowned international universities from countries such as Australia, UK and USA.
For more information, Please CLICK HERE.