British Columbia’s growing economy requires skilled workers in high-demand occupations. The Skills Immigration (SI) – Skilled Worker category of the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is a way for workers in a professional, management, technical, trade or other skilled occupation to gain permanent residence in B.C.
To qualify, you must first accept a valid job offer from a B.C. employer. You also need relevant training and experience.
Want a faster way to apply for permanent residency? See if you qualify for Express Entry BC — Skilled Worker.
To qualify for this category, you must:
- have accepted a full-time, indeterminate job offer (a permanent job, or one with no set end date) from a B.C. employer. The job must be in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) skilled occupation (Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B).
- be qualified to perform the duties of the job
- have at least two (2) years of directly related work experience
- show you can support yourself and your dependents
- have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada
- for NOC skill level B occupations, meet minimum language requirements
- have a wage offer in line with B.C. wage rates for the occupation
All the information taken from British Columbia Government Website.
For more information, Please CLICK HERE.