The Regional Sponsored Visa (Subclass 489) is designed to encourage skilled workers and their families to live and work in specified regional or low-population parts of Australia for up to 4 years.
There are three pathways to the visa:
- The Extended Stay pathway
- The Invited Pathway
- The subsequent entry Pathway
- Stay in Australia for 4 Years from the date embassy grant you the visa
- Live, work and study in a specified region of Australia
- Travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid
- If eligible, apply for permanent residence
- Applicants nominated by a state or territory government agecy
- Applicants sponsored by an eligible relative
This is a temporary visa. You can stay in Australia for 4 years from the date embassy grant your visa.
You can include member of family in your application, you can:
- include them when you submit your visa application
- add them after you submit your application but before Australian embassy decide on your visa
Family members who apply for visa must meet Australian health and character requirements.
Family members not accompanying you to Australia might also need to meet our health and character requirements.
If your partner or dependent children are not included in this application, tell us the reason why (for example, they already hold Australian citizenship or are a permanent resident).
- you can only apply for visa if embassy invite you to.
- You must have been nominated for this visa by an Australian state or territory government agency or indicate that you will be sponsored by an eligible relative.
Your sponsor must be:
- 18 years old or older
- Usually resident in a designated area of Australia
- Be an Australia citizen, an Australian permanent resident. Or an eligible New Zealand citizen
- Be your or your partner’s eligible relative
An eligible relative can be:
- A parent
- A child or step child
- A brother, sister, adoptive brother, adoptive sister, step brother or step sister
- An aunt, uncle, adoptive aunt, adoptive uncle, step-aunt or step-uncle
- A nephew, niece, adoptive nephew, adoptive niece, step nephew or step niece
- A grandparent
- A first cousin
- For your application to be valid, you must declare that you have a suitable skill assessment at the time of invitation.
- You must be aged under 45 when embassy invite you to apply for the visa.
- Be able to score 65 points or more
- Meet the level of English Requirement. You must have at least competent English.
- Your occupation must be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations
- Must meet health requirements.
- Must meet character requirements.
- CHECK: Check your occupation is on the skilled occupation list, you have 65 points, you are eligible
- SUBMIT: Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) in Skill Select
- WAIT: Wait for invitation to apply for this visa
- GATHER: Gather your documents
- APPLY: Apply for visa within 60 days of invitation
All the information taken from Australian Government Website,
For more information, Please CLICK HERE.