The Subclass 189 Skilled Independent visa allows skilled people to migrate to Australia Permanently.
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia
- Enroll in Australian’s public health care scheme
- Sponsor your relatives to come in Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 Years
- If eligible, become an Australian Citizen
This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. The visa has a travel component that expires 5 years after the date of visa grant.
You become a permanent resident on the day Australian Embassy grant the visa.
For citizenship purposes, your permanent residence starts on the day:
- Australian embassy grants the visa if you are in Australia
- you enter Australia on this visa if you are outside Australia
You can include member of family in your application, you can:
- include them when you lodge your visa application
- add them after you lodge your application but before Australian embassy decide on your visa
Family members who apply for visa must meet Australian health and character requirements.
If your partner or dependent children are not included in this application, tell us the reason why (for example, they already hold Australian citizenship or are a permanent resident).
- you can only apply for visa if embassy invite you to.
- For your application to be valid, you must declare that you have a suitable skill assessment at the time of invitation.
- You must be aged under 45 when embassy invite you to apply for the visa.
- Be able to score 65 points or more
- Meet the level of English Requirement. You must have at least competent English.
- Your occupation must be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations
- Must meet health requirements.
- Must meet character requirements.
- CHECK: Check your occupation is on the skilled occupation list, you have 65 points, you are eligible
- SUBMIT: Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) in Skill Select
- WAIT: Wait for invitation to apply for this visa
- GATHER: Gather your documents
- APPLY: Apply for visa within 60 days of invitation
All the information taken from Australian Government Website,
For more information, Please CLICK HERE.